- Why use aluminum?
- Aluminum is a beautiful metal, strong and lightweight. It is recyclable, relatively inexpensive and non-rusting. It is also naturally RFID-shielded to keep digital thieves from skimming personal data from passports, credit cards and IDs.
- What is RFID? And why do I need it blocked?
- Radio-frequency identification (RFID) uses electromagnetic fields to automatically identify and track tags, which contain electronically stored information, attached to objects. An RFID reader can skim data, such as credit card numbers, passport numbers, etc., without your even knowing it from an unprotected bag. Aluminum blocks the electromagnetic signals so your digital data cannot be stolen and downloaded.
- What does “aircraft-grade aluminum” mean?
- Aluminum is usually alloyed or combined with other metals – typically magnesium – to give it the desired properties. Aircraft-grade aluminum is a designation that means ALEON aluminum has similar properties of strength as that used in aircraft.
- What’s with the squared corners?
- The square corners on ALEON cases are more than a style statement. This design gives more usable packing space than cases with rounded corners as much of what we pack tend to be squares or rectangles – especially packing cubes. Square corners also increase the ease of packing and unpacking and make shifting of contents in transit far less likely. ALEON cases feature compression board packing, also squared, which help ensure wrinkle-free clothing upon arriving at your destination. ALEON is innovative by design and its unique look garners attention and appeals to consumers and retail dealers alike.
- Why does it matter that case components are made in one facility?
- Two words: quality control. All the components of ALEON cases are manufactured at the company’s high-tech integrated factory (excluding the TSA-accepted lock). This ensures a finished product guaranteed to be of exceptional quality – each and every case, each and every time – and one that can be offered at a lower cost.
- Why should I pay a premium for aluminum when there are so many less expensive alternatives?
- There are many luggage materials on the market: aluminum, polycarbonate, ABS, fabric, leather, etc. The reasons for choosing one type over another are as varied as the travelers buying the luggage. Cases made from aluminum have something other materials don’t: style. Aluminum cases have a naturally high-end look and it is one that makes their owners look good. Every case we ship comes encased in a protective luggage cover so you can safeguard your case even when stored. You’ll feel proud to own – and be seen with – an ALEON aluminum case.
- Why should I buy your aluminum case over a competitor’s aluminum cases?
- ALEON designers put a lot of thought into our cases and we feel our cases are made as well as, if not better than, the cases of our competitors. We have been fortunate to partner with an experienced fabricator who manufactures cases to our high standards and are able to offer them at a fraction of the cost because we have streamlined the manufacturing and distribution process. We don’t cut corners in making our cases, but we are committed to cutting costs without sacrificing quality. The cost savings are passed along to our customers.
- What is a TSA-accepted lock?
- In the United States, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires access to luggage without the passenger being present. To allow travelers to lock their luggage, TSA accepts certain locks for which the screeners have special tools to unlock and relock. If your luggage does not have a TSA-accepted lock and screeners need to inspect it, they may break your lock and your luggage will remain without a lock for the rest of its journey.
- How do I set the lock combination on my case?
- Dial in the old combination to open the case. Factory preset is 0-0-0.
- On the back side of the latch, toggle the switch from A to B.
- On the face side of the latch, rotate the dials to your desired new combination.
- Toggle the switch back from B to A to lock in your new combination.
- Does ALEON offer a warranty?
- Yes. ALEON has a limited 10-year warranty that covers the repair of your cases in the unlikely event of a defect in materials or workmanship. Click here for more information on warranty and repair. This warranty is superior to other aluminum luggage brands that are priced substantially higher.
- What should I do if I dent or crack my case?
- We recommend that your report the damage to the airline, bus or train company immediately. Unfortunately, ALEON is not responsible for damaged caused by other parties; however, if you feel there is a defect in the materials or workmanship, you can submit a warranty repair request via aleoncase.com/pages/warranty-repair.
- How can I clean my case and/or remove stickers?
- Aluminum is easy to clean. A damp sponge will clean any dust and dirt. Cleaning agents that contain abrasives should not be used as they may damage the case surface or leave scratch marks. Remove stickers with hot air (e.g. a hair dryer), a cleansing spirit or nail polish remover. Although scratches cannot be removed, they and other signs of wear will give your case a distinctive look. Neither scratches nor wear will affect the case’s functionality.
- How does ALEON give back?
- For each ALEON case sold, a donation is made to build schools in China for young women so they can improve their lives for themselves and their families.
- What is your return policy?
We want you to be fully satisfied with every product that you purchase from ALEONCASE.com.
If you are not satisfied with a product that you have purchased on our website, you may return it within 30 days of delivery for a full refund of the purchase price, minus the shipping and handling, and other charges where applicable.
We ask that the product be unused, in original boxes (whenever possible), and with all original paperwork.
Returns should be sent to:
630 Pena Drive, Suite 200
Davis, CA 95616
You can expect a full refund of the purchase price and applicable taxes, minus the shipping, handling, where applicable, within 30 days of receipt of your return in the same form of payment originally used for the purchase. Credit for gift returns will be issued to the original purchaser.
Compare ALEON to other aluminum brands. We welcome your comments and feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org or share your comments on our contact page.